In addition to the most recent news from DriveThruRPG.com subscribers to our newsletter also receive the latest in freebies, discounts offers, and featured reviews. You can sign up for our newsletter here!
Customer Newsletter for 04/21/2017
Having trouble viewing this newsletter? Click here to read it online.
Yesterday we launched the second of two megabundles on DM's Guild, the Top Authors Megabundle #2! This bundle, another collection of Fifth Edition D&D material, once again includes titles selected from among the top thirty bestselling community authors on DM's Guild.
And as before, with the permission of those authors, it's all been marked down — to 87% off the cover prices!
Get more of the best now, an $80 value for just $9.95, only for one week, available only on DMsGuild.com!
ROCKET AGE RETURNS
The Bundle of Holding has revived its April 2016 collection featuring Rocket Age, the radium-powered retro-SFRPG from Cubicle 7 Entertainment. This offer includes the entire Rocket Age line, so you have everything you need for planetary romance adventures in the style of Burroughs, Brackett, and Flash Gordon in the far future of 1931.
The two Champions 4th Edition offers from last week are breaking Bundle of Holding records. Looks like a lot of gamers remember the 1989 "Big Blue Book" and its superhero support line. Between Champions 4E Essentials (with the rulebooks and major supplements) and Champions 4E Universe (the rest of the line), these two triple-sized offers give you the entire 4E superhero line — that's 65 books! — many of them new to PDF format.
And you still have a few days to get the Heavy Gear Bundle, featuring Dream Pod 9's flagship game of 62nd-Century mech combat on the planet Terra Nova.
When you buy a Bundle of Holding offer, the titles are added automatically to your DriveThruRPG Library.
As a Troubleshooter, you are a member of Alpha Complex’s most expendable elite force. Tasked with finding trouble and then shooting it, you will be hunting mutants, terrorists, traitors, [CLASSIFIED], secret societies, renegade bots, and DAIVs, which are [REDACTED].
You’ll save Alpha Complex from its greatest threat, unless you accidentally become Alpha Complex’s greatest threat.
Completely rebuilt from the ground up, Paranoia is the classic RPG of a darkly humorous future, rebooted for a humorously dark present.
All-new mechanics include a simple character-generation system, a bluffing-based, card-driven combat system that encourages creativity, clever moves and lying, a special Computer Dice (which means even the simplest interaction can become hilariously fatal), in-game XP point rewards, and more advice to GMs than you can shake a stick at.
Further, three single-session adventures introduce you painlessly to the new mechanics and background; they are designed to be played straight out of the box.
Everything is the same but everything is different!
You look worried, citizen. Relax! It’s still Paranoia. The year is still 214. You still have six clones and a laser pistol. The Computer is still your friend.
• The Player's Handbook • The Gamesmaster's Handbook • The Missions Book • 110 Playing Cards • Character Cards
“Kobold Press builds on its excellent track record with another great release—new and provocative.”
Whether it’s advice from grognards who were running games at the dawn of RPGs, or suggestions from the new generation of game designers, these 21 essays by experts are here to help you improve your GMing skills and create fun, amazing, memorable campaigns that’ll be talked about for years.
In this book, master GMs and storytellers give you advice about solo campaigns, shy players, cell phones, and making rulings on the fly.
Are you unprepared for the game you’re running half an hour from now? Did you accidentally kill all the PCs? Do you want to run a game for kids? Did the plot take a sudden turn and the PCs have gone into uncharted territory? We’ve got you covered.
Complete with discussions on highlighting player strengths, tips for new and veteran GMs, and character romances, you’ll find useful advice about making your game more welcoming, more engaging, and more fun.
Featuring essays by Keith Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Frank Mentzer, Shanna Germain, Monica Valentinelli, Steve Winter, and many other game professionals.
“THERE ARE NO SAFE PATHS IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. REMEMBER YOU ARE OVER THE EDGE OF THE WILD NOW....”
A failed robbery, the daring of two Hobbit brothers, a terrible crime, the flight of the Elves, the affairs of Wizards, black treachery, an ancient threat — seven stories await in the Twilight of the Third Age.
Wilderland Adventures contains seven ready-to-play adventures, complete scenarios that can be played separately or as an epic campaign spanning a number of years. All adventures are set in the years after 2946.
A wealth of background material expands the setting information contained in the core manuals for Adventures in Middle-earth, the newest fantasy RPG based upon The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
With new monsters, new journey tables, new NPCs, and battle maps, Wilderland Adventures is the perfect next step for your Adventures in Middle-earth!
Will you dare enter the great forest of Mirkwood, journey under the shadow of the Misty Mountains, follow the River Anduin down to the Gladden Fields, or climb the Grey Mountains to look upon the Withered Heath?
Wilderland Adventures presents seven adventures previously published for The One Ring Roleplaying Game as Tales from Wilderland, fully converted for Adventures in Middle-earth, the 5e OGL Middle-earth setting.
Where will your campaign take you? What worlds will you build?
The dusty, ruined remains of a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The black expanse of a hard-SF solar system. The gritty streets of film noir. Wherever your vision takes you, the Cypher System can take your campaign. Building on the genres explored in the Cypher System Rulebook, Expanded Worlds gives you tailored rules, advice, tropes, and character options for seven setting genres, along with tools you can use to build any campaign you can imagine.
• Advice, equipment, and new rules for running Cypher System games in post-apocalyptic, mythological, fairy tale, childhood adventure, historical, crime and espionage, and hard science fiction settings.
• Character options, setting guidelines, creatures, equipment, artifacts, and more.
• Over 40 new foci, such as Changes Shape, Makes Prophecy, Conducts Rocket Science, Hacks the Network, Is Wanted by the Law, Plays Too Many Games, Helps their Friends, and Hunted by Moths.
• Over 35 creatures and NPCs, including master detectives, midnight scrabblers, cannibals, mad scientists, cryptic moths, glowing roaches, princes and princesses of summer, killer clowns, hydras, and the Father of Monsters, Typhon himself.
First Ride/Last Ride is a short but intense one-player game about living on the edge, pulling heists, and driving high performance cars in illegal street races.
It is also a game about family, responsibility, and the limits of love and loyalty.
Written by award-winning game designer Jason Morningstar, this game is a loving homage to films about men and women who drive at high speed and are quick to anger.
First Ride/Last Ride is a weird, introspective journey that will end very soon — a quarter mile down the highway.
The game includes a full-color set of eight 6x6" tile cards printed on standard card stock, double-sided, with a low-gloss UV Coating.
• Introduction card - This card explains the rules. • Six "Ride" Cards - These cards provide some exciting fiction, ask you to answer some questions, then confront you with a hard choice that will have repercussions later. • Conclusion Card - In the end, you'll find out how the choices you've made have changed things.
From J. K. Rowling’s Hogwarts to Terry Pratchett’s Unseen University, magic schools and universities abound with fantastic adventures. Now you can join the adventure and enroll at Scarthey, University of the Arcane. Live and breathe the magic, wander the halls, discover hidden secrets, and battle fearsome foes.
Welcome to Scarthey is the ultimate student's guide to the University of Scarthey, including everything you need for fantastic adventures in the exciting and unpredictable world of magical studies:
• An exploration of the tumultuous history of the University of Scarthey. • An introduction to the staff and faculties of the University. • Four Houses of Scarthey, including campaign traits for each House. • A map of the University and descriptions of all the major locations on campus. • A guide to the surrounding town of Scartheyton. • A practical guide to the gruesome sport of cackleball and the competitive sport of dragon boat racing. • Both a Single-Page Spread and a Double-Page Spread PDF, stunningly illustrated, for your viewing pleasure.
Are you a D&D 5E player? Grab the Fifth Edition OGL-compatible version of this product here.
Use the Consortium of Worlds' most deadly arm in your Shatterzone campaign. A monolith of power and a force for destruction all rolled into one gamemaster tool, Fleet™ can be the ultimate motivating factor for any campaign.
This book explains how the powerful, dangerous, and enigmatic Fleet can be utilized without completely disrupting a normal campaign. It also illustrates how a completely normal campaign can be blown to hell... if that is what the gamemaster is looking to do.
This classic scanned reprint of Fleet™ requires the Shatterzone™ core rules (either the original boxed set or classic reprint).
The Player’s Guide to Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of takes you into the world of Conan the Barbarian, a place where astonishing heroes battle loathsome monsters, raise swords against dire sorcery, and travel to exotic and unknown lands!
The Conan Player's Guide is aimed at firmly at players of the game and contains content drawn entirely from the Conan Roleplaying Game core book.
If you already own the core book, you don't need to purchase this book.
GMs may wish to let their players and RPG groups know it is available though!
• Everything you need to create characters from across the whole of Conan’s world, including skills, talents, and more. • Choose or roll to create the character you want, picking options such as homeland, attributes, archetype, caste, family history, nature, education, and more. • All the 2d20 core rules you need to play. • Art by a team of iconic Conan artists. • Developed in close consultation with award-winning Conan scholars.